Logan Hunter “Youth Leadership” Award
The Logan Hunter Youth Leadership Scholarship will be awarded annually to a player who demonstrates the desire and commitment to becoming a great athlete and a positive leader in the community. The criteria for this award are as follows:
- A student in the last year of his or her high school program at Paul Kane High School, Bellerose High School or St. Albert High School – currently referred to as a “Grade 12 Student:”
- The Student:
- Has demonstrated:
- Excellence in his or her participation in hockey for more than 2 years.
- Character, teamsmanship and respect for coaches.
- Support and involvement of youth through volunteer and/or teaching opportunities.
- Must have maintained an academic standing of 70% or more throughout high school
- A commitment and dedication to sports training and/or excellence in personal fitness for participating in sports.
- Has demonstrated:
- Applicants must submit all of the following:
- A short essay or video message (maximum of 5 minutes) demonstrating how they meet the above noted paragraphs 1 and 2 of this criteria
- A letter of reference from a coach or assistant coach of one of more of the hockey teams on which the student participates
- A copy of the applicant’s high school transcript.
Background: Logan Hunter was a strong character team player who was destined in life to serve others. Logan enjoyed helping young people whether as a volunteer or a coach. Logan had aspirations to be a teacher.
Logan’s commitment and work ethic during the off-season proved valuable to his success as a hockey player. Logan enjoyed being around other like-minded and dedicated athletes and hence many friendships were formed.
Logan took great pride in knowing that he was physically and mentally ready for the challenges of Junior A Hockey.
The Logan Hunter Youth Leadership Scholarship will be awarded annually to a player who demonstrates the desire and commitment to becoming a great athlete and a positive leader in the community.